Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Good-bye and THANK YOU

I know we're all a little sad. I am too. I have had such an amazing year. I will be the first to admit that the transition from 3rd to kindergarten was a little more surprising than I thought, but I want to thank you from the bottom of my heart for having faith, believing in me and trusting in my abilities as a teacher that I would complete my transition into a kindergarten teacher.

You all have been so kind and helpful to me. I am truly blessed to have partnered with you this year to bring out the best in your child.

My goal as a teacher is first and foremost to provide an environment that is safe and secure for learning to occur and for my students to feel confident in making mistakes because only then will they open themselves up and take the risks necessary for real learning to occur. However, my bottom line and the way I judge if I have been successful is if I see my students smiling and happy. I want them to love learning and love school. Hopefully this is the way your child has walked away from kindergarten. If not, I apologize and know that in every instance I have had the child's best interest at heart and I have always tried my best.

As you move through this journey of eduction, remember to relax and enjoy your kids. They are precious. There will be ups and downs in their journey; there will be teachers they click with and ones they don't, but it's all valuable and important.

Finally, PLEASE keep in touch. Not just next year, but for years to come. A couple of years ago I heard through the grapevine that one of my former first grade students was graduating from high school and at his graduation he spoke about an activity that we did together so many years earlier. I love to hear these stories. :0) ....and when your child grows up to be that doctor, teacher or sushi chef...I hope they look back on their kindergarten year and have a smile on their face. They will be missed AND remembered by me.

I will continue to keep this blog active and post throughout the summer and beyond.

Have a wonderful summer and a GREAT first grade year.
~Mrs. Perry

No comments:

Post a Comment